You may have heard the saying, “You’re never fully dressed until you have your smile”. It’s true, because it’s not only the first thing people look at, but also really tops off your outfit and gives a lasting impression to others. Lastly, the thing that gives your smile that extra sparkle is your inner confidence.
When you’re feeling good and confident, your smile has a different look compared to when it’s forced. Our goal is to help all patients experience the benefits of a healthy, happy smile, so you can feel confident in the way it looks and feels. After all, the most beautiful smiles are the healthiest ones!
Here are 5 ways to improve the health and appearance of your smile:
- Brush properly and floss daily. Using a soft bristle toothbrush, gently brush in a circular motion. Floss daily to keep plaque away from the hard-to-reach areas between your teeth and gums.
- Maintain a healthy, balanced diet. Try to limit the amount of sugar you consume and eat lots of greens and protein rich foods.
- See your dentist every 6 months for checkups and cleans. This will ensure your smile is in the healthiest condition and track any concerns early on, so they don’t become more serious if left untreated.
- Drink lots of water. Did you know we’re made up of 60% water? Maintaining our hydration can help keep our teeth clean and regulated from harmful acids, as well as hydrate our mouth.
- Consider cosmetic dentistry improvements. Do you have tooth imperfections you’d like to improve? This may include stains, cracks or other minor imperfections. If you feel your smile can be improved, book a consultation with us. We’ll discover your goals and work out a smile journey tailored to you.
A range of cosmetic dentistry services include:
- Teeth whitening
- Dental veneers
- Crowns or bridges
- Dental implants for missing teeth
- Dental bonding
Depending on your case and your concerns, we may discuss some of these options with you. Remember, the first step to a healthy, happy smile is to build good oral health habits from early on. Practicing good oral hygiene at home and seeing your dentist regularly will help set your teeth up for a long-lasting life.
If you’re due for your next checkup and clean or would like a cosmetic consultation, give us a call to book your appointment!